Saturday, January 7, 2012

Well a week into the new year.  My Insomnia came back hard, which has led to depleted energy levels.  It's hard to get up and Go for a walk when it's really cold out, and I have zero energy.  But as it's Saturday night, and I;'m not going out partying this seems like a good a time as any to go out for a walk.    So I may still go out tonight after all.  the lucky thing is I have my metro pass.   If I walk really far and can't walk back due to my pains.  I can always use the TTC to get home.   So in the Mean time I might as well add my thoughts on Season 3 of Enterprise.



Star Trek Enterprise.  The Red headed step child of the star trek universe.  But why?  Okay so it undermines the original series.  The NX-01 was the first Enterprise.  Okay I see why you would hate it based on that.  I remember watching the First Episode.  There was a Klingon. But he looked like a Klingon from TNG and beyond.  That put me off a little.  Then an Opening with lyrics.  That put me off too.  I guess I was too accustomed orchestral music to open the show.  Or women screaming in orgasm as is the case with the original  series.  But lately I've been watching all the seasons.  I’ve seen it in a different way.  I can see what they were doing now. I can’t understand why the ratings went down every season.   There is a series Long Story arc about a temporal cold war.  Which is really intriguing.  Jeffery Combs is a semi regular on the season.  And that’s always good, here he plays Shren of the Andorian Imperial guard.  And they do describe the Klingon problem of why they look Human in TOS.

But what I really wanted to talk about was the third Season.  The story arc for this season actually starts in the Season finale of season 2.  Remember the 2 part episode of Voyager ‘Year of Hell’. well that’s what this season is. Only in stead of 2 parts it’s actually over the whole season.   It starts with an Alien probe that comes to Earth and burns a Swath from Florida to South America.  Killing 7 million people.  So Archer and his crew have to go into the Delphic Expanse. An area of space unlike our space.  Anomilies that rip your Ship apart, pirates, and of Course the Xindi.  The Xindi are the villains of the season.  They’re the guys who killed 7 million Humans.   Its intriguing to watch the crew, find out all these clues, and details about the Xindi.   I beg of you, if you are a fan of Star Trek or at least good television. Buy season 3 of Enterprise.  It’s the best season of the 4 by a long Shot.  I mean after all.  Humanity is always in danger in Star Trek.  But a season long arc, you really feel like there are fighting for something.  I  just wanted to talk about Enterprise.  It’s better than you think, or heard.  And season 3 is must watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment