Sunday, April 15, 2012

Playoffs WOOHOO

 I suppose I should Update the world on the condition my condition is in.  As always I'm still sore.  I can't seem to catch a break.  I lifted a few tires this week and threw them.  I was in pain the rest of the day.  I really miss being the beast I used to be, instead of the beastly creature I've become.  But a few weeks ago I did have the opportunity to work a full shift (Thank You Pain Killers). I felt so good that after work when I was at the coffee shop.  I was tearing up a little talking about how good it felt to make a difference in the world again.  Jan. 24,  2011 to Apr 6,  2012.  That's a long time to go without making a difference.  That's a long time to go without mattering to anyone or anything.  But now I'm back to not mattering,  but that's okay cause the playoffs are here.

     Game 1 We were down 4-0 we battle back and sent a message that we weren't going down easy.  Of course it was Alfie who would open the scoring in the series. After all he is the leader, he rules by example.  a 4-2 final result said that we can beat Lundqvist, and we're in it to win it.   A couple of shaky calls in the first game.  Karlsson takes 5 or 6 unanswered punches to the face -Glove on-, and get's a penalty along with the guy who punched him.  I think that play stuck in the players and coaches stomachs  like it did mine.  If the refs were gonna play that game, than we were gonna play by a different set of rules too.  see following video, from 0:50- 0:53.



Game 2 and yes were playing prison rules.  It started before game when we found out the starting line ups. Carkner was thrown in the line up, I would assume for one reason only and it wasn't to block shots.  I really wonder if it was Maclean saying we need the grit, or if Carkner begged to give the receipt that was owing to Boyle.  Either way it was wild and woolly right from the start, and didn't let up.  2 Game Misconduct's given Early,  Having Dubinsky out of the line up, sure was a win for us.   I was supposed to go to Karaoke last night. and believe me I really want to go.  But I just couldn't turn away. i didn't want to miss one second of this game.  Alfie went down,  but the team rallied.  Foligno took a high stick to the face causing his nose to bleed.  That wasn't called, oh yeah prison rules were in effect.  My new room mate is a Leaf Fan.  He suggested that if we don't win the Cup this year to blame it all on that one 'non-call' by the refs.  to Non hockey folks reading this, sorry that joke will go over your heads.  All in all, Game 1 we lost, but we built momentum, Game 2 we carried that momentum over and made it a win. Heading back home with all this momentum, waiting to hear Lyndon Slewage do what he does best.  We're not just in this Series. It's ours for the taking.

1 comment: